Tips for Choosing Plumbing Repair ProfessionalsSep 10, 2012
Plumbing repair is one of the unfortunate problems with which homeowners must cope. Do you know that there are approximately 555,900 plumbers working in the United States today? This means that plumbing is a critically important industry. A clogged sink or a leaking pipe in the basement is a signal to contact a local plumber.
You can save yourself time and money by hiring professional licensed plumbers to fix the problem. But how do you choose the right one? There are standards that you can use to measure the work quality of any residential plumber. Advertisements are an inadequate means of measuring their quality. Here are a few tips for choosing the right plumbing service.
- Look for referrals. People in your community are good sources for referrals since many of them have had plumbing repairs. You should also ask your family, friends or neighbors and find out what experiences they have had with local plumbers. Other reliable sources are contractors and realtors, as they may have used the services of some commercial plumbers in their work and would be willing to supply referrals.
- Online resources. Websites such as Angie’s List or Yelp also list plumbing contractors and plumbing companies with accompanying reviews from their customers. Your Facebook contacts can also provide you with referrals. A valid indication that these plumbers or plumbing companies are reliable is that their clients talk about them favorably again and again.
- Make a short list of potential candidates. Talk to them and get to know them, then ask about their certifications, education, training and experience. Ask questions like “How long have you been in business?” or “How do you like the work?” Their answers will give you insight into their personalities and traits. Plumbing companies are concerned about their reputation so they would supply you with credentials to prove that they are among the top in the industry.
- Require warranties. Reputable professional plumbers are confident of the quality of their work, so they offer warranties. Ask them for a guarantee if you are not satisfied with their work.
- Consider price as an important factor. It may be the last, but not the least, of your concerns. Remember, the least expensive plumber is likely to give you the lowest quality work. Although the cost of plumbing service is a major concern, you should consider the scope of the job.
With the quality services of New Orleans plumbers, finding reliable plumbing repair will be the least of your problems.
From roots in our storm drain, to clogs in our … Read More